This is the place to learn about recent awards, or images that are on display at exhibitions as well as new images that have been added to the catalogue – see below.
Upcoming or Current Events
- The impact of Covid on the Art world has lifted!
- I will be in two art shows this Fall – The Stone + Staley Art & Craft Show at the Greater Philadelphia Convention Center at Oaks, PA Nov. 4-6. Then I will be at the Chester County Fine Craft Show 2022, at the Ludwig’s Corner Fire Hall, in Glenmoore, PA Dec. 10-11.
- Dune Curve Morocco was accepted into the Cerulean Arts’ 10th Annual Juried Exhibition which ran from June 15 – July 17 at the Cerulean Arts Gallery.
- Three of my framed images, Full Steam Strasburg Railroad, Horses at Merlin Road Farm and Blazing Lotus Blossom, were on display in the “Keep It Local” Exhibition organized by the Chester County Camera Club, in The Henry Gallery, running through Tuesday, June 21, 2022.
- I had my booth up at two shows earlier this year.
- The Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Spring Fine Art & Craft Show on Saturday, April 30th and Sunday May 1st. I was last in their show in 2018 – I am eager to be back!
- The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Summer Fine Craft Fair at the Chase Center on the Riverfront July 30-31, 2022. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it due a case of Covid. Okay now.
- I was in two art shows this last fall.
- The first show was the Oaks Art & Craft Festival at the Oaks Convention Center, 100 Station Avenue, Oaks PA which ran from Friday November 5 through Sunday November 7, 2021.
- The Second Show was sponsored by the Chester County Craft Guild. The Holiday Craft Fair was held at the Ludwig’s Corner Firehouse in Glenmoore, PA on December 11 &12, 2021.
- I was also in the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Summer Fine Craft Fair at the Chase Center in Wilmington, DE, July 31 & August 1, 2021. I showed new stuff along with your past favorites.
- My wife and I toured the Badlands and Black Hills of Western South Dakota as well as the Big Horn Mountains of Eastern Wyoming around Memorial Day this Spring. You will be seeing some new images from that trip. First up is Looking Good, a bison portrait, seen below and in the Animals and Insects Gallery.
Previous Awards & Events.
- I was honored to have received Photographer of the Year 2017 award from the Chester County Camera Club. The club is a wonderful place to hone your skills as a photographer and have fun with a bunch of great people!
- During the Covid Pandemic from March 2020 to recent times, I was in the following Online Shows.
- The Mirage was accepted into the Odyssey Exhibition Online Show run by the PA Center for Photography. It ran from April 9 through July 11, 2020. The exhibition link is found here .
- Breaker in Hurricane was accepted into the Artist’s Equity 71st Fall Juried Show at the Cheltenham Center for the Arts – a real in-gallery art show. It ran through December 19, 2020 with no live opening and gallery attendance was restricted by Covid regulations.
- Misty Morning Wait for the Ferry was accepted into the on-line Artist’s Equity 71st Annual Spring Show, 2020, due to closure of the host gallery due to Covid.
- BUT the Covid-19 Pandemic challenged all businesses – including venues for art:
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. the incredible nationwide art show organization has filed for bankruptcy. That means you weren’t be able to see my work at the Fall show that had been scheduled for November, 2020.
- The Chester County chapter of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen canceled the December show at Ludwig’s Corner fire house.
- Another sad consequence of Covid on the economy. As you may know, Steve Howells chef/owner of Louette’s BYO invited me to move my artwork into Louette’s in early February. On March 9 Steve cohosted a marvelous event with Bibou chef Pierre Camels at Louette’s. A week later the Covid pandemic closed everything. By early August, 2020, Steve decided to close the restaurant. Best wishes Steve! You had a great thing there at Louette’s!
- To draw local Holiday sales to my business I created a Ready to Hang Shop on this website. It displays artwork that is either framed under glass or canvas wrap. Check it out!
- I expanded my booth for the Sugarloaf Craft Festival in Oaks, PA on November 8-10, 2019. It was held in the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at 100 Station Ave, Oaks PA 19456. My display for this show was bigger and better than ever with 3 times the display space, 3 times the artwork on display, with all your old favorites and many new works, including new triptychs!
- I was also at two shows in December
– The Kimberton Waldorf Art & Craft Fair, December 6-7, 2019
– The Reading Fine Arts & Crafts Festival, December 14-15, 2019
– both excellent shows!
- Himalayan Sunrise at Sarangkot was accepted into the Wayne Art Center Fall Members Juried Exhibition, which ran from October 20 through November 15, 2019.
- My wife and I explored the Pacific Northwest in July, 2019. Below is a list of the images that I captured on the trip!
- My photo Graceful of Amanda Hill, dancer with the Brandywine Ballet received Third Place, Photo of the Year, with the Chester Country Camera Club, June 2019.
- Breaker in Hurricane was accepted into the Wayne Art Center Exhibition “Being There” a juried regional exhibition of black and white photography, featuring original photographs from artists living in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Jim’s was one of 58 works chosen by the juror from 338 images by 93 photographers. The show ran from the 31st through May 4, 2019.
- Jim also had Ice Melt Reflections accepted into the Artists’ Equity 70th Anniversary Members’ Juried Exhibition at the Goggleworks Center for the Arts in Reading PA. The show ran for the month of April 2019.
- Two Images, Ice Melt Reflections and Walking the Camels, were accepted into the Chester County Camera Club exhibit “My Point of View” at the Henry Gallery of Penn State Great Valley, on display from January 3 through March 20, 2019.
The Pacific Northwest in July, 2019
My wife and I took a ferry from Anacortes WA to San Juan Island and then to Orcas Island, headed back to the mainland – the Olympic Penninsula with its majestic magical Rain Forest and the Sea Stacks along the coast. Here are the shots I have posted from that trip. Some of them have won awards!
- At the Foot of a Giant – in the Nature & Weather Gallery
- Campfire at Crescent Lake – in the People at Work and Play Gallery
- Into the Mist – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Lost in Lavendar – in the Gardens and Interiors Gallery
- Misty Morning Wait for the Ferry – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Morning Fog Ruby Beach – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Past a Gentle Giant – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Ruby Beach in Morning Fog – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
- Sea Grass on Sand – in the Abstracts, Closeups, Surreal Gallery
- Sunset at Ruby Beach – in the Landscapes & Seascapes Gallery
Recent Awards and Recognitions
Recent Additions to the Catalog.
A new section of Monochrome Photos (Black & White) has been added to simplify the search for those interested in such images. I get asked about it from time to time, so I decided to display them in the new section as well as the themed sections. Enjoy! Below are individual photos that have been added to the collection recently.
Eagle Lake Shallows