People caught in a particular moment in time.
Click on the leading image to open a slide show. To exit click on the X in the upper right corner. Scroll down to see notes about the images in this gallery. More notes may be found at the bottom of the page.
Calf-roping at a Rodeo in Big Timber, Montana
Some guys have all the fun!
Kayaker maneuvers past House Rock on the Madison River, Montana – its as big as a house!
Street acrobats in New Orleans. Yes, that’s a third guy on the top. The crowd loved it!
Full Steam, Strasburg Railroad
Woa! Get off the tracks buddy! Actually the old steam engine at the Strasburg Railroad is going about 5 mph. So I’m not in eminent danger of getting run over. But the engineer was happy to play his part.
Ron’s Teaser on the Chair
My Pilates Teacher, Lisa Priebe, doing a piece in the Fletcher Pilates repertoire called Ron’s Teaser, captured at the apex of movement. Seems simple but it’s not. A classic example of strength and flexibility!
As noted earlier, the beach patrols on Long Beach Island hold competitions each year revolving around beach patrol skills. The action can be pretty dramatic. Here the women swim out to buoys and back. Pretty impressive!
Those are way to many prayer flags on this rather wobbly bridge we had to cross on our hike in the Punakha Valley in Bhutan. That is Kun, our guide, who looked back seemingly uncertain about whether to cross. You may find our friend Paul further ahead on the bridge, making a go for it!
Notes on Awards and Exhibitions
- Chester County Camera Club, First place, monochrome print, topic – Americana, Nov. 2010
Accepted into the Americana Exhibit
- Pennsylvania Center for Photography, Doylestown, PA, acccepted into the Americana Exhibit, January 2016
A2. Wipe Out
- Chester County Camera Club, Second place, color digital image, topic – In Motion, Sept. 2012
A3. House Rock Chute on the Madison
- Chester County Camera Club, Third place, monochrome image, topic – Movement, May 2011
- Accepted into the Artists Equity Fall 2018 Juried Members Exhibit “Connections”, at the Cheltenham Center for the Arts, Cheltenham PA, which ran from September – October, 2018
A5. Off to a Good Start
A6. First Wave
- Chester County Camera Club, First Place Open Color Print, September 2016
- Chester County Camera Club, Second Place, Open Color Print, October 2017